Friday 8 November 2013

Chewie Chocolate Chunk Oatie Cookies (Egg Free Recipe)

A delicious sugary sweet oatie cookie which is crisp on the outside and soft and chewie in the middle. This recipe requires no eggs, which is handy for those who may be intolerant or who just dont happen to have any in. I made a few cinnamon spiced ones just as a wee experiment and they turned out fab! Close up pictures to follow.



What You Will Need:

125g Butter
120g Light Brown Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
210g Self Raising Flour
70g Oats
2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
Splash Vanilla Extract
Variations - 1 Tsp Cinnamon Or Chocolate Chunks

Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Mix both the sugars and butter together until smooth and creamy. Add a splash of vanilla extract.

Add 2 tbsp of the golden syrup and mix.

Variation ingredient added here - either the cinnamon or chocolate chunks. Mix.

Add the oats

Sieve in flour and mix with a wooden spoon until it is blended

Roll into small balls and place onto a greased baking tray

Ensure there is enough space between the balls as they will flatten and expand

Bake for around 13 minutes

Leave to cool on wire rack

* Cookies will still be very soft when ready. They will harden up more as they cool, but remember they are meant o have a moist chewie texture*

Cookies with chocolate chunks
Cinnamon Variation
 Happy Baking!
Helen xX

5 comments:

  1. I love cooking cookies!
    they're perfect for autumn season :)

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love egg-free recipes, so I'll defiantly try this! Great post doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, as some people may not eat eggs but want to bake cookies! :) x

      Delete
  3. Chewie cookies are the absolute best! I don't know who thinks crunchy ones are but they must be mad. I used to get these lovely cookies from Tescos and if I left them for 2 days they'd be lovely and chewie, mm! These look so good, making me very hungry. :P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone that takes the time to read my blog and comments, I always reply <3