Sunday 14 October 2012

Cherry Scones : Scone Sunday!

Today I will be sharing two variation recipes on a sweet scone and a savoury scone (click here). Fair enough to say I am a scone addict and unfortunately they aren't the healthiest of snacks..but we dont care haha. Firstly I am going to share my cherry scones as personally they are a favourite of mine. Amazing with some butter and jam :) and that all important cup of tea ;)



yum!



What You Will Need:

200g Self Raising Flour
50g Caster Sugar
50g Butter
100ml Skimmed Milk
50g Glace Cherries


Method:

Preheat oven to 220 degrees

Sift flour into large bowl

Rub in butter til the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs and add sugar

Add the cherries

Make a 'well' in the centre and add enough milk to make a soft dough using a knide to mix

Knead gently on a floured surface and flatten to 2cm thick

Use a cutter to shape scones

Bake for  10-12 minutes (remember to keep checking!)




Happy Baking!

Helen xX



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone that takes the time to read my blog and comments, I always reply <3