Saturday 18 August 2012

Beauty Product Haul/ Review


It is near impossible for me not to go into Superdrug without spending anything; mainly as its the only decent shop where I live. I know how sad right? haha. So here is a small haul and review on my most recent purchases.


HAIR


AUSSIE - It was buy 2 for £6 quid so I picked up a deep treatment and some heat protection spray. Aussie is definitely one of he best haircare brands, in my eyes anyways. They always leave my hair in fab condition, which is very important as my hair is bleached.I rarely use heat on my hair at all, except on my fringe, as I want to maintain the good condition of my hair as it has taken a while to get to this stage. This is why I bought the leave in heat protection spay to save my hair from being fried from the straighteners. It is enriched with Australian jojoba seed oil to prevent hair from drying out and to give it amazing shine. Perfect! :D The product smells lovely too, as do all Aussie products. They seem to have a similar smell, which is refreshing and clean.

I always have a Aussie deep treatment in as I like to use a variety of conditioners etc on my hair as I get bored easily, this is by far one of my favourites :) Its called the "3 minute miracle luscious long deep treatment" Its basically for long hair in need to some tlc. I can finally say now, that I have long healthy hair after two years of stopping using heat everyday and from cutting it short to get rid of  the damage. The treatment contains Australian eucalyptus extract with avocado oil to help deeply moisturise, revitalise and nourish tired long hair and all in 3 minutes ;D and repeated use im sure. I definelty noticed a difference in the texture of my hair after one application.. According to Aussie it "cares for dry and damaged hair by helping to reduce breakage associated with combing" thus being another reason i have turned to using my tangle teezer daily. I will be posting a review here shortly.

Provoke touch of silver twice a week brightening shampoo had been on my list of things to try for a while and I am so glad I did. Long gone are the horrible brassy tones that used to dull my hair inbetween appointments. This stuff is amazing! it is a violet pigment that neutralises orange/yellow brassy tones in bleached hair and dullness in grey and white hair. It is a toning shampoo so that is why it is only recomended that it is used twice a week to avoid colour build up. i.e patches of silver/purple tones in your hair. It it around £3 and definitely an essential for bleach blondes!


TAN



My trusty Solait tan in medium/dark. This is a tan I purchase constantly and always have extra bottles in just in case I run out (atm i have 3...). I love the dark colour it gives and how it doesnt have that horrible digestive biscuit smell that many fake tans have. Instead it has a caramel scent. It is also tinted so you can see where you have applied it. It also givs a slight bit of instant colour which later develops into a much deeper richer tan.It costs around £7. Much much better than frying your skin in the sun, for sure.

For when I dont want such a dark tan I picked up L'oreals sublime bronze gel self tan. I had never tried a gel tanner before, so was interested to see how this would apply. It applies very smoothly and glides on without having to rub in too much. One thing though, it claims not to be greasy but I I found it to be; but not so bad that I wouldnt use it again, as I like the light natural tan it gives. It claims to mimic the colour you would naturally go after being in the sun. Over all for under £10 and by a realiable brand, I am impressed.


SKINCARE



I purchased these items to remove my make up. The nivea daily essential wipes are more for the lazy days when I want my make up off quickly and easily. They are very moist so can get stubborn mascara and foundation off without too much hassle. Skin is left feeling soft,cleansed and refreshed, lets be honest at the end of the day or a heavy night out there is nothing better than taking off your make up! Also very handy to have in your handbag or taking on holiday with you. The Johnsons face care cleansing lotion is gentle which is perfect for sensitive skin. It lifts away impurities, including waterproof mascara (bonus!). I usually squeeze on to a cotton pad and move in circular motions over my face till all traces of make up are removed. It has a pleasant clean scent and both are reasonably priced, which there always being some sort of deals on the wipes.


MAKE UP



Eyelure lashes are my second faves after elf ( I have a review on my last post ;). Superdrug had an offer to buy 2 for £8  saving £2 so I thought why not. I love the shape of these, they flare out towards the edges. Perfect for the cat eye look. The glue that comes with them is amazing, also, so I do not have too much trouble applying them. Overall I would say thy are great quality and if taken care off they can be reused. I am keen to try Katy Perry's range by eyelure, love the packaging! Finally I have jumped on the Revlon Lip butters band wagon and I am glad to say I have! I picked up strawberry shortcake, not the type of pink I would usually go for, but I am really liking it. These butters are so moisturising so there is no need to prime with lip balm at all and the colour pay off is great ( at least in this colour). I will defo be picking up many more colours from this range as they are quite long lasting and dont crack and look gross after a few hours from application.


Thanks for reading!

Helen xX

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone that takes the time to read my blog and comments, I always reply <3